Shopping online has a multitude of benefits and is becoming more popular daily and to make your buying shoes online experience the best there are some things you need to keep in mind before buying shoes online. These include return policies, sizing, and specialty shoes and their sizes.
How To Get The Right Fit When Buying Shoes Online
You have been wearing shoes all your life presumably and you know what size you wear you also may know that certain brands or styles of shoes may not run true to your normal size. So, what’s the answer to getting the right fit for yourself and for others?
One answer is the merchant’s sizing chart. Online shopping sites such as Amazon have a shoe sizing chart that help not only with fitting but also with translating what might be a European size to an American shoe size. Still, every shoe is different, if you want the right fit you may want to refer to customer reviews on that item.
For instance Steve Madden offers a Women's Bonanza Tall Shafted Flat Boot of suede with a rubber sole for safety and a one quarter inch heel. It’s pull on and it comes in a multitude of colors.
It looks great, but how can you be sure it will suit you? Well first, you know if you have the kind of leg that looks good in high boots, right? You know if you like the look of suede, but you still are not sure? Well, the first step is to check other customer’s reviews on an item.
Not all reviews are good and if the shoes don’t fit correctly the chances are you will find a mention of it there. In this case one customer said the boots were not suited for skinny legs, they kept falling down, so that is something you can consider when making a purchasing decision and buying shoes online.
Consider Customer Service When Buying Shoes Online
If you are a frequent online shopper you know some virtual merchants have a great reputation for customer service and some, not so much. It could happen you make a purchase of shoes that did not fit, did not look as you hoped they would, or even had some defect. You want to be able to get hold of Customer Service and you want to know the return policy beforehand.
There are fantastic deals that can be had when buying shoes online but if the fit is not perfect, the shoe has some defect, or it just does not look as you hoped it will not be a fantastic deal if you can’t return the shoe and get one that works for you.
Special Sizes When Buying Shoes Online
Often people with larger than standard shoe sizes or wider than normal shoe sizes will offered only a few shoes (usually the ugliest) and very few styles in local shoe stores. Buying shoes online is a great solution for hard to fit shoe sizes.
A hard to fit size might be a 13 E both larger and wider than standard and yet women love sandals and finding them in retail stores for a hard to fit size is sometimes impossible. J.Renee makes a quality line of shoes and offers a women's rhinestone sandal with a synthetic upper and 2 inch heel in just that size.
It looks great for hard to fit as well as standard size shoes this could be a deal. It just needs a little consideration and knowledge of what size looks good on you to find a great deal buying shoes online even for the hard to fit foot.
Before Buying Shoes Online – Tips
No one wants to discourage a shopper from buying especially a merchant, however shopping wisely is the key to being happy with your purchase and that is particularly true of buying shoes online. Just as before a shopping trip to a retail store you should have some things in mind.
- Are you window shopping? Window shopping online is fun, easy, and shows you what is out there . It has never been easier and sure is easier on the feet and gas costs. If so, enjoy and make note of later possible purchases.
- What are you shopping for? Do you have a purpose for this new pair of shoes, or just need a new pair of shoes to expand your wardrobe? Deciding this will keep impulse buying under control and insure you are happy with what you purchase. It will also make it easier to browse right to the section you need. Of course looking is great too but you may not have the time to browse endlessly.
- What’s your size? In a store you try on the shoes and see how they fit what your legs look like or do they feel too high. When buying shoes online you will go by prior experience with shoes. You may need a wider or narrower shoe in sandals than you do in roomy boots. Only you can decide that you know your shoe size.
- What is your style? Do you look good in boots or can you walk comfortably in six inch heels? Remember though they look gorgeous if they aren’t your style you will not be happy with them.
- Budgets are good and if you have one, stick to it. Know what you want and decide if it is in your budget and remember shipping takes time so check on the delivery date. You may get a great deal on a hard to find strappy pair of sandals not available in your size in traditional stores, but you will have to wait for them to arrive, so don’t plan on wearing them immediately.
Keep the basics in mind when buying shoes online and not only will you find amazing deals but when those brand new shoes arrive they will fit, they will look good and you will be happy with your new purchase.